Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Haven't Dropped Off the Face of the Earth.

Well, maybe technologically speaking I have.

We moved into our own place on the 24th of January! It's a cute little blue duplex about five minutes down the road from my folk's house, and the kids and I love it.

I just don't have internet access there, and I probably won't be able to afford it for a good, long, while.

Which would be why you haven't heard from me in a really, really long time...
We also don't have a washer and dryer, so every Saturday after Alex's basketball game we schlep all of our dirty clothes over to my parent's house and do laundry. Geez, I feel like I'm in college.

So while I remain unconnected internet-wise, I will write posts at home the good old-fashioned way and post them on Saturdays.

At any rate, it has definitely been an adjustment being on our own again. I do love it though. I have my own room (thank goodness!), and the kids are sharing their own room. Oddly enough, both of them seem very happy to be in a room together. Well, not that Sarah can protest much, but Alex actually loves sharing a room with her. He's never liked being by himself, and I suppose that this is perfect for him.

Mornings are a bit of a logistics problem because we try to let Sarah sleep while Alex gets ready for school and eats breakfast. We've settled on him picking out his clothes the night before and setting them out in the living room. In the mornings I get him up, we sneak out of their room, and he gets ready in my bathroom. All in all it works pretty well.

So wish us luck guys. We're on our own, and so far, we're doing pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, I really would.