Wednesday, July 2, 2008

An Introduction

I suppose that I should start all of this by explaining the 'temporarily ' in my Blog description. Even though it's of great importance to me, it's not too terribly exciting. Sorry for any suspense that I might have built up.

My husband and I are separated, thus prompting my exodus from the sunny O.C. to the sunny, humid, mosquito-ridden, often plagued by thunderstorms, but beautiful N.C.

For those of you that are interested, if there actually is anyone reading this, my name is Jennifer and at the ripe old age of twenty-six I find myself in the unenviable position of having had to move back in with my parents.

With two kids.

In a place roughly three thousand miles
away (but universes in regards to society and culture) from the place I grew up in.

Yeah. Welcome to my life.

I really don't know that anyone besides me and maybe a few friends will find this interesting, but it might at least be amusing to someone out there. I also wanted to start this blog in an attempt to document this journey I'm going through. Call it an experiment. Perhaps, when I come out of the other side of this thing that I'm going through, I'll want to look back on it and see what I survived and what lessons I learned from it.

So, if you're reading this, I hope that you find it entertaining. If you're bored, I'm sorry. But you see, I'm awfully short on friends right now, so even if you're bored I'd love to hear from you. So, leave a comment and I promise I'll read it. If you don't, I understand. I'll keep writing anyway. I've unfortunately become very good at talking to myself. But that's okay, I'm a very good listener.

Here goes nothing,

~ Jen

2 comments:

  1. So very proud of you. I always knew you had a talent for writing, but WOW! Very good idea to document what you are going thru. Good for the soul. Always remember how much courage it took to get as far as you have...and I'm not talking about geography. Looking forward to reading more. Luv you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, a comment!
    Just kidding...okay, not kidding. That's really kind of pathetic of me...

    Anyway, thank you so much, you are too sweet.

    Love you too.

    (The name's great by the way. ^_^)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, I really would.