Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's All About Perspective

When Alex was six, his cousins got this new, swank car. Needless to say, the DVD player was the source of a lot of bragging whenever he rode in their car with them. Sigh.

One night, we all went out to dinner and I ended up taking my niece and nephew in our car which is a beat up, run-down, piece of crap, '95 Toyota 4Runner. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my truck, but it doesn't hold a candle to the shiny new Beamer SUV with the back-seat DVD player. 

At some point, in a vain attempt to keep my car clean, I had hung one of those fabric trash cans from the back of the front seat. Hang in there with me, I promise that this is relevant to the story. 

So the kids pile into the car, and my son, God bless him, says (with the enthusiasm that only a six-year-old can muster), "Well, our car doesn't have a DVD player, but it has a trash can! Isn't that cool?"

Have I mentioned before that I love that kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, I really would.