Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Juxtaposition

jux·ta·po·si·tion [juhk-stuh-puh-zish-uhn]

 –noun

1.an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast.

2.the state of being close together or side by side.



I thought this appropriate considering the last two posts I made. Especially because this post seems like such a contradiction coming after this one. I swear it's not. I was in such a dark, dark place that night, and I am still struggling. 

On Sunday, though, God spoke to me with such tenderness and He gave me such peace. What's even more amazing to me was that I wasn't at our regular church. My kids and I decided to go with my parents to their church because we were all going out together as a family afterwards. I was raised Lutheran and my parents attend a traditional Lutheran church, but I personally am a non-denominational Christian and I tend to gravitate towards churches that are contemporary. 

This Sunday, however, I was so moved by the hymns that we sang. In those songs I could hear God whispering to me. But the message was what grabbed my heart. He spoke directly to all of the doubts and fears and insufficiencies that I had been struggling with recently. 

Don't worry Jennifer, when this world is not enough, when you are not enough, when your fears are overwhelming, I am here to catch you. 

When the world speaks scarcity, God is sufficient. When the world tells me to fear, my God gives me peace. When I fall, he is my catcher. When I don't have enough, he provides. Where I cannot, he can and he will because he loves me. 

What peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, I really would.