Friday, July 4, 2008

I'll Tell You A Secret...

I want my own room. 


This isn’t some casual want as in, ‘Hmm, I think I want a cup of coffee this morning.’ No, this is a deep longing. The type of longing usually reserved for lifelong dreams and ambitions. 


My kids, are noisy when they sleep. 


My son is prone to sudden, loud, startle me and make me fall out of my bed outbursts of talking in his sleep. These aren’t quiet mumblings of a sleeping child. No, these little episodes often involve yelling and even when they don’t, they are always loud. 


And as if this weren't enough, my darling baby daughter who turned one a month ago, has recently developed the lovely habit of banging her head against the mattress in the middle of the night. She also loves to get on her hands and knees and rock back and forth. This wouldn’t be such a big deal, but she sleeps in a Pack and Play which creaks whenever she rocks. 


So, almost every night at 2am I’m woken up by:

creak CREAK creak CREAK creak CREAK thumpthumpthumpthumpthump creak CREAK creak CREAK creak CREAK thumpthumpthumpthumpthump creak CREAK creak CREAK creak CREAK thumpthumpthumpthumpthump ...I think you get the idea. Sigh.


Why does a self-respecting, 26-year-old, mother of two not have her own room you ask? Because, dear reader, as I've mentioned before, I find myself in the unenviable position of having had to move back in with my parents (whom I'm eternally grateful to by the way.) But still, would you join me in a moment of silence for the loss of my independence... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, I really would.