Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Neat Mac & Cheese Recipe

So I was reveling in my new found internet freedom and decided to check out my neighbors in bloggityville. I had read about this blog in Family Circle or Good Housekeeping and it sounded right up my alley. It's a really neat blog called Simple Mom. Go ahead, check it out, I'll wait...

Okay, you back? Isn't it cool? I loved it too. Aaaanyways Tsh has several great posts about menu planning and in those posts she talks about using delicious, a social bookmarking site (which is really, really cool. I immediately signed up.) to organize all of the great recipes that you find on the internet. She included a link to her bookmarks, and it had this recipe listed. You cook the pasta in milk which reduces down to a sauce and then add cheese. How cool and easy is that? Well I've been looking for a good, easy, mac & cheese recipe forever and this one looked absolutely scrumptious. So of course I had to make it right away.

We had it for dinner last night.

It was very simple to make, and the flavor was terrific. The only giddyup that I had was the texture, it came out a bit grainy. I think that next time I need to use a bit more milk, and I'm going to try a different kind of cheese, maybe Colby Jack. Mmmmm.

Anyway two thumbs up, and I'll let you know how it turns out once I've tweaked it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, I really would.