Friday, August 7, 2009

Update on the Mac & Cheese Recipe

... because I know that everyone was holding their breath.

After blithely writing this post, I have to unfortunately continue my search for the perfect Macaroni and Cheese recipe. Sigh.

Darnit, and I loved the thought of this one too. It was so simple. Nah, I'm not lazy, I'm uh, efficient. Yeah, that's it.

After a couple of attempts, different techniques, and different cheeses, I have to call this recipe a failure. Although it could just be me...

No matter what I do, the texture is grainy. Ughh, it's terrible! I mean the flavor is fantastic, but unless you enjoy a little sand with your mac and cheese, this recipe just doesn't cut it for me.

Damn.

2 comments:

  1. I just read all your posts but it's been 5 months since your last. Is everything o.k.? Maybe life has just kept you busy. Would love to here an update. Hope you're keeping the faith and staying in touch with the one who watches over you. I'll pray God continues to lead your path and that you don't weaver. By the way, how's the bus driving going? Must be a pro at it now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your concern, it really means a lot to me. Everything is fine (at least as fine as everything gets in my little corner of the world ;) )

    Unfortunately I couldn't afford my internet connection anymore (groceries and lights kind of trump the internet) thus the silence around here lately.

    I grab time on the internet in dribs and drabs when I can.

    God bless, and again, thank you so much for taking the time to check up on us!

    - Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, I really would.