Sunday, September 28, 2008

Don't Try This at Home

I'm car-less, which is a sad state to be in.

Well, I suppose that I'm technically not car-less because I'm currently borrowing my Grandmother's car.

The Grey Ghost.

It's a '95 Ford Taurus that's a wing and a prayer away from falling apart. The air-conditioning is broken, the windshield wipers are on the verge of giving out, and the parking brake light is always on. All this doesn't bother me one little bit, (except when it's raining and I can't defog the windows because the air-conditioner's broken) I'm just grateful to have a car that will get me to and from work.

Thursday, however, was a different story.

I had just pulled into the parking lot at school, and I was putting lipstick on before going into work. I turned the rearview mirror so that I could see... and it came off in my hand. No, I'm not kidding. It took me a second to comprehend that the rearview mirror had just detached from the windshield.

So, for the last two days, I've been driving around with no rearview mirror. It's been fun. And nerve-wracking, and dangerous. Oh, and did I mention nerve-wracking?

My first priority tomorrow is to go down to Auto Zone and get epoxy so I can stick the damn thing back on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, I really would.