Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chicken Frito Casserole (a.k.a Male Ego Casserole)

I'm still not sure that I completely understand why it's called Male Ego Casserole. My guess is that it's easy to make, and, besides the chiles, there are no vegetables in it. Heck, you don't even have to turn on the oven to make it. It cooks in the microwave.

If any of you have a clue about the name of this casserole, please share, it's killing me.
Anyway, on to the food.

Chicken Frito Casserole (just because this is what I've always called it, and this is my blog. So nyaah.)

- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 1 bag of regular Fritos
- 1 small can of mild, diced, green Ortega chiles (unless you really like spicy, but it ruins it in my opinion)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 soup can of water
- 3 Tbl of dried, minced onions
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese

Okay, roll up your sleeves 'cause we're gonna get messy. Take the rotisserie chicken, pick off every bit of meat that you can and shred it. You don't need to be compulsive about the shredding, we're just looking for bite-sized chunks.

Put the shredded chicken and two-thirds of the Fritos in a 9x13 baking dish, and mix them together.

In a separate bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients.

Pour this mixture over the chicken and Fritos. Mix together.

Take the rest of the Fritos that you set aside and spread them over the top of the casserole.

Now here's the kicker, I know that this will go against most of your grains, put it in the microwave. Just trust me here, I promise that it tastes good. Cook it for six minutes, rotate it halfway, and cook for another six minutes.

Voila! Chicken Frito Casserole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, I really would.