Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This is becoming a bad habit...

I really need to post things when I say that I'm going to post them.

Of course if there was actually anyone reading this blog it would be more of a problem.
Ahem, bout of self-pity over, aaand on to the post! Right.

So as I said, yikes, almost a week ago, Alex and I went and saw The Mummy: The Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. I was sadly disappointed. When I first saw The Mummy, I was disappointed because the previews had billed it as a really scary movie, and that's what I went in expecting. I wasn't expecting a somewhat cheesy, almost-parody movie. After I saw it for what it was though, I fell in love with it. It was hysterical. Not to mention Bredan Fraser is really, really sexy in these movies... Coughcough.

I was even okay with The Mummy Returns which was slightly cheesier, but still good. Especially considering that it was a sequel.

This one, however, was just plain bad.

First of all, Rachael Weisz wasn't in it which just ruined it for me. I think that she and Brendan Fraser have really good on-screen chemistry. The scenes involving their grown son and the parental angst that they have over not being good enough parents were just stilted and hopelessly cheesy. The whole thing was just so flat to me. It didn't have any of the depth or the character of the previous movies. Sigh.

It's really too bad because I liked the first two so much.

Alex, on the other hand, gave it an extremely enthusiastic thumbs up. Siskel and Ebert he's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, I really would.