Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Grateful

I am blessed beyond measure by the people that I'm surrounded with at work. 

Things have been hard recently, well, not that they're ever not hard, but lately things have been incredibly difficult. 

The kids and I are living on the raggedy edge right now, and every. single. day. has been a struggle.  

To put food on the table.
To keep a roof over our head. 
To keep the lights on. 
To put gas in the car.
To pay for daycare. 

And in the midst of all this I have seen the most amazing outpouring of love and care and concern from several of the people that I work with. Some are dear, close friends, and some I only know as acquaintances, but all of them have touched my heart recently. 

We all had our hours cut at work, we are all struggling, but despite all of that they have still reached out to the kids and I and blessed us by bringing over groceries, by giving me money and not taking my 'no' for an answer, by giving me hand-me-downs for the kids, by giving me a hug when I need it, and by simply being there for me. 

These wonderful, sweet people have been God's love letter to me over the past two months and I am filled with nothing but gratitude.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, I really would.